PASSION

Ok so I am passionate about Jesus! I am also passionate about adoption. I was listening to K-Love radio on Monday and they were talking about some stats from Max Lucado. I missed the numbers, so I looked some up.

There are 2 to 3 BILLION Christians in the world.
There are 143 million orphans.
There are 100 million more kids living on the streets.

If every Christion family adopted one child or got one off the streets, problem solved!

I know it's not that easy. Many Christian families are living in third world countries (pray for them) or in poverty right here. Many are elderly. Most families would find the cost prohibative. But...if God tells you to adopt-ADOPT!

If that is not you, find another way to help the orphans, the most fragile of God's children. Give to an adoption agency so the can help folks who are adopting meet the financial needs. Or give directly to an orphange. Any of your friends who have adopted can give you names or contact people. E-mail me! I can give you several in Haiti, Russia, Kazakhstan and others, as well as in the U.S.

If you feel lead to help me, I would love to hear from you. The "About Me" has an e-mail link. God is leading me to ask. If He leads you to respond, please listen.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

News From Russia

I heard from my coordinator today. Because the little one that I have fallen in love with is going to be 4 soon, they will be moving him to another home. She said it is more remote...makes it much harder to process adoptions. I need to prove that I am moving forward with my plans for them to delay this move, so I am busy with paperwork from the Home Study and Dossier in hopes that he will stay put long enough for me to get it all together!

Please pray for my family as we work through this. It's hard to wait and want, but God is in control. Oh, I have been meaning to tell you were he is now! The city is Arkhangelsk. Look closely...Yes that is Arch Angel! I just so love that. I know there is an angel watching over him until I can.

My sincerest thanks to KC and JC and my mom. You know my heart and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment