PASSION

Ok so I am passionate about Jesus! I am also passionate about adoption. I was listening to K-Love radio on Monday and they were talking about some stats from Max Lucado. I missed the numbers, so I looked some up.

There are 2 to 3 BILLION Christians in the world.
There are 143 million orphans.
There are 100 million more kids living on the streets.

If every Christion family adopted one child or got one off the streets, problem solved!

I know it's not that easy. Many Christian families are living in third world countries (pray for them) or in poverty right here. Many are elderly. Most families would find the cost prohibative. But...if God tells you to adopt-ADOPT!

If that is not you, find another way to help the orphans, the most fragile of God's children. Give to an adoption agency so the can help folks who are adopting meet the financial needs. Or give directly to an orphange. Any of your friends who have adopted can give you names or contact people. E-mail me! I can give you several in Haiti, Russia, Kazakhstan and others, as well as in the U.S.

If you feel lead to help me, I would love to hear from you. The "About Me" has an e-mail link. God is leading me to ask. If He leads you to respond, please listen.

Monday, August 9, 2010

3 days to go...

And I hope they are better then the last 3. Made the sad decission to have our 15 year old pound puppy put to sleep. She was blind and deaf and such a part of our family that we really put it off longer then we should have. Sad day. And so little progess on the cleaning that I am ready to say--here it is. Take it or leave it! And the bank said no to my loan request...so I am really wondering what I have got myself into. Geez, what else could happen! Road blocks made of iron and I am not superman. I am looking forward to the Home Study on Thursday. I'll see what the road looks like then...
Please take a minute to pray for the children of Russia and China. MANY children are adopted each year from these coundties and right now they are under great stess with heat and smoke from wildfires in Russian and coping with floods and mudslides in China. Thousands in each country have died. They are in need of our most earnest prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment