PASSION

Ok so I am passionate about Jesus! I am also passionate about adoption. I was listening to K-Love radio on Monday and they were talking about some stats from Max Lucado. I missed the numbers, so I looked some up.

There are 2 to 3 BILLION Christians in the world.
There are 143 million orphans.
There are 100 million more kids living on the streets.

If every Christion family adopted one child or got one off the streets, problem solved!

I know it's not that easy. Many Christian families are living in third world countries (pray for them) or in poverty right here. Many are elderly. Most families would find the cost prohibative. But...if God tells you to adopt-ADOPT!

If that is not you, find another way to help the orphans, the most fragile of God's children. Give to an adoption agency so the can help folks who are adopting meet the financial needs. Or give directly to an orphange. Any of your friends who have adopted can give you names or contact people. E-mail me! I can give you several in Haiti, Russia, Kazakhstan and others, as well as in the U.S.

If you feel lead to help me, I would love to hear from you. The "About Me" has an e-mail link. God is leading me to ask. If He leads you to respond, please listen.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Well, that's done!

Home Study complete! A very nice women spent several hours getting to know us, the whole time taking notes on one of those yellow legal pads. Talked to me, talked to my son and the older girls...think things went well. But I still have work to do. The agency wants prospective parents to have 12 - 15 hours of training prior to adoption on such issues as attachment disorders, transracial families, FAS, etc. They want you to be fully informed of all the things that could go wrong. Hey, I've done this before, doesn't that count? Guess not. And of course, there is more paperwork to be done. Now starts the dossier. I'll do more on that later. For now I want to say (after my not so cheery last post) that my spirits are a LOT brighter. No, I did not find 25K in the back yard or anything, but once again, I am confident of who is in control...it ain't me! God is so good and will bring it all together! Yes!
OK, please do this for me--pray. Let God lead you in the particulars-He knows my heart and yours and will lead you accordingly. Also, please share this blog with a friend and ask them to do the same. If you share; it's one more prayer.
And if you visit...please leave a comment. That's the only way I know you were here! Lots of Love today and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment