PASSION

Ok so I am passionate about Jesus! I am also passionate about adoption. I was listening to K-Love radio on Monday and they were talking about some stats from Max Lucado. I missed the numbers, so I looked some up.

There are 2 to 3 BILLION Christians in the world.
There are 143 million orphans.
There are 100 million more kids living on the streets.

If every Christion family adopted one child or got one off the streets, problem solved!

I know it's not that easy. Many Christian families are living in third world countries (pray for them) or in poverty right here. Many are elderly. Most families would find the cost prohibative. But...if God tells you to adopt-ADOPT!

If that is not you, find another way to help the orphans, the most fragile of God's children. Give to an adoption agency so the can help folks who are adopting meet the financial needs. Or give directly to an orphange. Any of your friends who have adopted can give you names or contact people. E-mail me! I can give you several in Haiti, Russia, Kazakhstan and others, as well as in the U.S.

If you feel lead to help me, I would love to hear from you. The "About Me" has an e-mail link. God is leading me to ask. If He leads you to respond, please listen.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Mini update

Well, my efforts are not going good. Still working at raising funds. I have had some very unflattering comments directed at me. Guess I forgot how some people view the world. But got me thinking there might be others that think the same way. Why is she trying to beg/borrow/or whatever ...how can she support a child if she can't afford to adopt. My response.
I own my home...have lived here for over 20 years.
I have a very secure job; going into my 23 year at the same place.
I have no bills...everything is paid for.
What I don't have is 25K CASH. If I needed to buy a car, I could do that and make payments. or a boat or a camper or a second home or any number of toys and extras. I could, but that is not where my heart is. It is with kids. Kids that need a home and love and a family. For this, there is no payment plan. Nuff said.

On the positive side, my home study is almost done. Just waiting for one more piece of info! When that is complete, I will be so very close!

Iain is very excited about the prospects of a brother. (Big cheesy smile...me too)

Did you know you can leave comments and e-mail me? I would love to hear from you. (Russia, Denmark, UK...I know you are out there)

Next Post--the train ride in Kazakhstan...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment