PASSION

Ok so I am passionate about Jesus! I am also passionate about adoption. I was listening to K-Love radio on Monday and they were talking about some stats from Max Lucado. I missed the numbers, so I looked some up.

There are 2 to 3 BILLION Christians in the world.
There are 143 million orphans.
There are 100 million more kids living on the streets.

If every Christion family adopted one child or got one off the streets, problem solved!

I know it's not that easy. Many Christian families are living in third world countries (pray for them) or in poverty right here. Many are elderly. Most families would find the cost prohibative. But...if God tells you to adopt-ADOPT!

If that is not you, find another way to help the orphans, the most fragile of God's children. Give to an adoption agency so the can help folks who are adopting meet the financial needs. Or give directly to an orphange. Any of your friends who have adopted can give you names or contact people. E-mail me! I can give you several in Haiti, Russia, Kazakhstan and others, as well as in the U.S.

If you feel lead to help me, I would love to hear from you. The "About Me" has an e-mail link. God is leading me to ask. If He leads you to respond, please listen.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

This so moved me

Recently another child has been added. A little boy name Evan. Evan was a special needs child from Georgia. Evan was adopted by a loving American family on June 28th, 2010. On July 19th, 2010 he left this world. Evan was lucky enough to feel the joy of a family for 22 days. Evan was cheated by the system, wasn't given the right to a family soon enough to save his life. He grew up in an orphanage and then foster-care. Evan spent two years waiting for the family to which he was referred to work through the bureaucracy and complete his adoption. Without the protection that only a family can provide he didn't get the medical care and nurturing that he needed. His condition worsened and despite attempts to save him, Evan passed away.

This was in an update from the Joint Council on International Childrens Services.
Evan was loved. He had a family that did not give up on him. I am sure they knew when they finally got their boy that his life was nearly over. They could have walked away...but they had chosen Evan; hand picked by God. And for 22 days they got to love their boy.

I am beyond words at the love this displays. And I am moved beyond my normal boundries in my own journey to get my boy home. I can not and will not give up on him!

I have seen him (pictures). He's cute as a button, has a little turned up nose and big brown eyes. He looks alot like my 6 year old. They are brothers already in my heart.

I need help.
Two credit unions turned me down.
I can't refinance. When I called to check into that, I was told I was 'dead' at the credit reporting agencies--some carryover goof from when my husband passed away. So, for now, I have no credit and even if it where great, I refinanced when I adopted the first time. There wouldn't be enough equity to try again yet.

I could be traveling in a matter of weeks if I could pull 20K out of a hat! And I am beyond thinking that I can make this happen by myself. I need help!

Would you pray for me.
Would you send my link to your friends and family (e-mail, FB, text, whatever)
Would you ask them to send it to their friends...
You can e-mail me, ask me a hundred questions, verify I am on the up and up...
Would you send me a dollar.
I know a dollar can make a difference or I wouldn't ask!

Thank you with all my heart.
Debbie Hickey
1116 McPherson Ave.
Richland WA 99354

No comments:

Post a Comment