PASSION

Ok so I am passionate about Jesus! I am also passionate about adoption. I was listening to K-Love radio on Monday and they were talking about some stats from Max Lucado. I missed the numbers, so I looked some up.

There are 2 to 3 BILLION Christians in the world.
There are 143 million orphans.
There are 100 million more kids living on the streets.

If every Christion family adopted one child or got one off the streets, problem solved!

I know it's not that easy. Many Christian families are living in third world countries (pray for them) or in poverty right here. Many are elderly. Most families would find the cost prohibative. But...if God tells you to adopt-ADOPT!

If that is not you, find another way to help the orphans, the most fragile of God's children. Give to an adoption agency so the can help folks who are adopting meet the financial needs. Or give directly to an orphange. Any of your friends who have adopted can give you names or contact people. E-mail me! I can give you several in Haiti, Russia, Kazakhstan and others, as well as in the U.S.

If you feel lead to help me, I would love to hear from you. The "About Me" has an e-mail link. God is leading me to ask. If He leads you to respond, please listen.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

No Fear

I love flying. Today was a first, I think. Flying in the winter was so extraordinary. The bible tells us that looking upon God will be impossible, because the brilliance will be too bright. That is how I felt today, flying to meet my new son in Russia. Seeing the crop circles all white instead of green, not being able to tell where the mountain tops ended and the valley began, going above the clouds into the sunshine, leaving the white fluffy pillows below. As far as I could see was white! In every direction, bright white. There were hills of clouds, valleys, rivers, lakes, crops…I have never seen such a sight. I thought the clouds must be mimicking the earth underneath it, with all of the contours a perfect match—or maybe it’s just a little glimpse of God in all His glory, showing off some of His finest work---for anyone willing to look out the window into the brightness…it was truly incredible. It was so bright, the sun was so hot that after a while, I had to close the blind. Sadness. When we were getting ready to land, I opened the blind again to watch. I really do love seeing our great earth from above. We were still above the clouds, bathed in sunlight. If I looked out under the wing of the plane, I could see the shadow of our plane. Pretty cool. But even better, I could see a rainbow, a perfect circle, surrounding the shadow of the plane. What a show! I am, once again reminded beyond a doubt, that God in His wisdom has my life totally under control. No need for me to worry or fret. I am on my way to Russia to meet Alexander Thomas Hickey, my family loves me, and God has my back…NO FEAR! And Praises to the Lord most high!

No comments:

Post a Comment